Tell me your thoughts about a 2013 tech conference
Okay readers, I have a question for all of you. Should I prepare and submit a proposal for a talk for the Velocity conference in June 2013?
I'm always happy to share knowledge with a willing audience. I just need to know that an audience exists before investing a lot of time into creating a talk. This is where you come in. If a talk on one of my specialties, delivered live and in person, would be interesting, I need to hear from you.
From looking at their possible topics, I can think of a few possibilities:
- How to make your service reliable (and keep it that way)
- Sunday, 3 AM: What you do when there's an outage
- How might you build a globally distributed database and then use it?
- Turn thousands of computers into a cluster doing meaningful work
- Learn from my re-creations of past troubleshooting sessions
Those are just some ideas, at least.
Thoughts? Talk to me.